SVP uses the term Syntropy to denote the assimilating, contractive, life-giving force, state or condition. The two terms positive and negative have opposite meanings between Keely and Russell. Therefore to minimize confusion SVP tries not to use either of these terms when indicating a polar condition. Instead we use the unambiguous terms of syntropy and entropy in their place, where possible.
- Positive - "The positive vibrations are the radiating or propulsive; the negative vibrations are the ones that are attracted towards the neutral centre." [Keely, Keely and His Discoveries, Chapter XII, Part II]
- Negative - "The negative is always that which seeks the neutral center; the positive represents the active radiating energy: for instance, the sun is a medium for transmitting radiant energy of positive order, which all the planets receive negatively, i.e., it focalizes upon their neutral centers." Keely, [Dashed Against the Rock]
- "In this system (SVP), force and energy are classified as opposites, working in antagonism to each other: Force as "a positive power which initiates aggregative motion, and resists separative motion, in three postules, of ponderable matter in the Etheric medium;" Energy as "a negative power, which initiates separative motion, or disintegration, and resists aggregative motion, in three postules of ponderable matter, also of the Etheric medium." [What Electricity Is - Bloomfield Moore]
- "The positive vibrations are the radiating or propulsive, the negative vibrations are the ones that are attracted towards the neutral center." [ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS]
- "The action of the magnetic flow is dual in its evolution, both attractive and propulsive. The inclination of the plane on which the subtle stream moves, either to the right or left, has nothing to do with positive or negative conditions. The difference in conditions of what is called, by electricians, positive and negative electricity, is the difference between receptive and propulsive vibrations. They can be right or left receptive, or right or left propulsive. The positive vibrations are the radiating, the negative vibrations are the ones that are attracted toward the neutral center. [Keely, ATTRACTION PROPULSION ETC]
- "The thirds, on the subdivision of the one hundred and twenty-eight thousand four hundred vibrations, represent the negative antagonism, whereby this peculiar condition is brought about, viz., forty-two thousand eight hundred on the positive; the same on the negative and on the neutral, as associated with the sympathetic negative transmitter." [The Operation of the Vibratory Circuit, 1891?]
"In analyzing this triple union in its vibratory philosophy, I find the highest order of perfection in this assimilative action of Nature. The whole condition is atomic, and is the introductory one which has an affinity for terrestrial centres, uniting magnetically with the Polar stream, in other words, uniting with the Polar stream by neutral affinity. The magnetic or electric forces of the earth are thus kept in stable equilibrium by this triune force, and the chords of this force may be expressed as 1st, the dominant, 2nd, the harmonic, and 3rd, the enharmonic. The value of each is, one to the other, in the rates of figures, true thirds. Eb, - transmissive chord or dominant; Ab - harmonic; Abb - enharmonic. The unition of the two prime thirds is so rapid, when the negative and the positive conditions reach a certain range of vibratory motion, as to be compared to an explosion. During this action the positive electric stream is liberated, and immediately seeks its neutral terrestrial centre, or centre of highest attraction." [True Science]
"The experiment illustrating "chord of mass" sympathy was repeated, using a glass chamber, 40 inches in height, filled with water, standing on a slab of glass. Three metal spheres, weighing about 6 ounces each, rested on the glass floor. The chord of mass of these spheres was B flat first octave, E flat second octave and B flat third octave. Upon sounding the note B flat on the sympathetic transmitter, the sphere having that chord of mass rose slowly to the top of the chamber, the positive end of the wire having been attached, which connected the covered jar with the transmitter. The same result followed the sound of the other spheres, all of which descended as gently as they rose, upon changing the positive to the negative. J.M. Wilcox, who was present remarked: "This experiment proves the truth of a fundamental law in scholastic philosophy, that when one body attracts or seeks another body, it is not that the effect is the sum of the effects produced by parts of one body upon parts of another, one aggregate of effects, but the result of the operation of one whole upon another whole." [Snell Manuscript - The Book, page 3]
"He [Keely] defines gravity as transmittive interetheric force under immense etheric vibration. He continues: "The action of the mind itself is a vibratory etheric evolution, controlling the physical, its negative power depreciatory in its effects and its positive influence elevating." [Snell Manuscript - The Book, page 2]
Pure sympathetic concordants are as antagonistic to negative discordants as the negative is to the positive, but the vast volume the sympathetic holds over the non-sympathetic, in ethereal space, makes it at once the ruling medium and readjuster of all opposing conditions if properly brought to bear upon them. [Snell Manuscript - The Book, page 3]
Keely announced in 1888 that he had proved the uselessness of building engines to employ the ether as a motive power, which could only be used as a medium for the power which he had discovered, namely a condition of sympathetic vibration associated both positively and negatively with the polar stream. The revolving globe was never created to be the "source of power" and Keely never affirmed that he could produce with it "an indefinite amount of horse power without current expense." [Snell Manuscript - The Book, page 3]
"We have accounted for the regeneration of the male, positive force which condenses, contracts, generates, integrates bodies which mutually charge each other in the action of contraction." [Walter Russell, "The Cyclic Theory as the Cause of Solar Regeneration"]
"A simple way of supplying positive or negative electricity to the terminal is to connect the same either to an insulated conductor, supported at some height in the atmosphere, or to a grounded conductor, the former, as is well known, furnishing positive and the latter negative electricity." [Nikola Tesla in "Nikola Nikola Tesla; Lectures, Patents and Articles", Belgrad 1956]
NOTE: (In Keely's jargon positive and negative are directly opposite to Russell's use of those same terms. To Keely positive = entropy and negative = syntropy. With Russell positive = syntropy and negative = entropy. Hence we would like to NOT USE either of the terms "positive" and "negative", instead use the terms "syntropy" (to center) and "entropy" (from center) to eliminate or at least reduce confusion.) The same holds true for the terms "male" and "female". See Figure 2.12.1 - Polarity or Duality for correspondences to these terms.
Sympathetic Positive Propulsion