T0281-057 * TEXT OF READING 281-57
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at the office of the Association, Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 27th day of August, 1941, in accordance with request made by those present.
P R E S E N T
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 4:00 to 4:20 P. M. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
1. GC: You will have before you the Glad Helpers Prayer Group, members of which are present in this room. You will consider their work and study on the endocrine system of the human body, and continue the discourse on this subject; answering the questions that may be submitted, as I ask them:
2. EC: Yes, we have the work of the prayer group; its purposes, its aims and desires, and the studies thus far made of the endocrine system.
3. In continuing a discourse, or in giving information regarding same, it would be well - before too much INFORMATION becomes burdensome - that what has already been given be better understood; either by the attempts of individuals to discuss same or by the compilers setting in order those activities that are related to the physical, the mental and spiritual development.
4. As may be easily indicated, some of the activities of the glands relate to the purely physical functioning; yet the physical functioning in a life-giving body must of its very nature be empowered with mind and spirit.
5. Ye have interpreted, and have data indicating what, where, when there are the various stations or centers in the body - function physically, and how these also are analyzed as to their activity in a physical sense, and how they each are related to the mental body, and the relation its relative activity bears with the spiritual forces of the body.
6. Thus this group should be able to answer - to self, at least - that question which has not been answered since man began to think: Where is the dwelling place of the soul in the physical body? What is the connection or center through which the mind and the soul function, that makes one individual a devil and another a saint?
7. These should be the studies. Then, they may be applied to that purpose for which this group came into being: aiding seekers to find health, understanding and prosperity in their own environs.
8. Then, find the answers to these in that ye have attained, in that which has been given. Ye comprehend that though there may be the complete development to manhood or womanhood, the foetus in its activities, the gland of reproduction becomes the source from and through which impulse acts. Thus it is the source of propagation throughout the experience.
9. Ye have gained that the first movement of same physically reaches out and becomes the brain, through which the pineal in its activity brings its physical development; and that it is related to the mind of the body and the environs of the body supplying physical activities to that developing physical entity. Ye know that it reverts then to the brain of the nervous system, to the solar plexus center, and then reflexes through its own MENTAL activity to the physical forces of the still developing body. Ye know that when such a body has developed, when gestation has been completed and it becomes an entity in itself, - because of its center through which all physical and mental impulse has passed, - it is then cut asunder - and yet functions on. Why? How?
10. These are not merely pathological questions, but mental and spiritual also.
11. We are through for the present.