|Revelation Chapter 11
NY Study Group
|1 And there was given me a reed like unto a
rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God,
and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
|ANGEL - OVERSELF, Superconscious.
REED - ROD - Conscience.
TEMPLE OF GOD - The body-mind.
ALTAR - Point of union.
COURT WITHOUT - The physical body.
GENTILE - Unspiritualized cells.
HOLY CITY - Point of overall control.
FORTY AND TWO MONTHS - One half period of regeneration, 3 1/2 years; full period being seven years.
TWO WITNESSES - The subsconsious and superconscious mind. Two attributes of same - healing and supply.
BEAST FROM BOTTOMLESS PIT - Self will, lust.
SODOM AND EGYPT - Earthly experience leading to an awakening.
GRAVES - Darkness.
WOE - Trial or Test.
FOUR AND TWENTY ELDERS - The twenty-four cranial nerves to five senses.
ARK OF HIS TESTAMENT - The soul record, the akashic memory.
(Note: - In chapter 11, the OVERSELF is showing John his relationship to all Mankind, in a collective sense; that the pattern of the collective Soul follows the structure of the individual.)
1. The OVERSELF instructs John to evaluate man's mind at the point of union between the human and the Divine. The physical intellect, however, is given over to conditions of limitaiton, which for a time will crush to earth the innate ideals. During this period, all results of these conditions are recorded and judged by the function of the subconscious minds, bringing about cycles of natural retribution.
6. The subconscious and superconscious are the vehicles of the law of healing and supply and when their forces are wasted by the activities of lust and self will, their original function is lost for a time.
8. However, they are latent, not completely lost.
10. The body now freed from these restricting factors now gives itself over to complete indulgence.
11. When these latent functions are reawakened, however, great changes in the body follow.
14. John's experience in regeneration has been completed, the pattern of Collective man's experience with the law of healing and supply has been laid out and now comes the redemption of the whole race as it acknowledges God as the source of all supply and healing, through a purging of the senses and universal enlightenment.